Remote learning can be accessed through tablets, computers and smartphones.
The Government has asked every school to ensure that remote learning is in place for every child. At Lambton Primary School, every child has been given access to Google Classroom and are currently using it to access homework.
Should your child have to self-isolate, meaning a period of absence, school will provide learning for pupils to complete at home. Each child has a login for Google Classroom and should access the work set by the teacher on a daily basis. Google Classroom is currently being used well across the school for homework, and pupils should access this on a regular basis. When self-isolating, pupils should access Google Classroom every day.
Your child has a list of logins for Google Classroom, Spelling Shed, Maths Shed and will be receiving a login for Times Table Rockstars.
The general principles of our remote learning are outlined below:
- Home learning will follow the class timetable and will include a maths activity, an English activity and subjects such as history, science, art etc.
- Pupils also have access to online reading using Accelerated Reading materials.
- Teaching videos (e.g. Oak National Academy) will be provided to support learning and across the week there will be learning in different areas of the school curriculum.
- Work/activities will be put on the Google Classroom daily and be ready for 9 a.m.
- All subjects will be covered to prevent gaps in learning.
- Work/activities will continue to be engaging and fun.
- The teacher will give daily feedback via Google Classroom.
- If we notice a child has not completed work for that day, a phone call to the parents/carers will be made.
- Paper packs will be supplied at parents/carers request.
- We will offer a paper pack if pupils can’t access Google Classroom.
- Packs will be printed ready for someone to pick up from the school office.
- These could be weekly packs if needed.
- Feedback will be given when packs are returned to school.
- As far as possible, packs will reflect all work and activities that are on the Google Classroom.
- We will be in regular contact with you so please make sure that your email address and phone number are up to date and you look out for communications from school on the school APP.